NOTES for: Prequil to a Forensic Analysis
1) Forensic - fo·ren·sic adj. 1. Relating to, used in, or appropriate for courts of law or for public discussion or argumentation. 2. Of, relating to, or used in debate or argument; rhetorical. 3. Relating to the use of science or technology in the investigation and establishment of facts or evidence in a court of law: a forensic laboratory.
2) LBJ Library Tapes http://www.maryferrell.org/wiki/index.php/Audio_-_Other/ http://www.maryferrell.org/wiki/images/2/23/Audio_AirForceOne_R1S1.mp3
4) Transcripts - LBJ Transcript - By K. Cunningham. http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/jfkinfo3/reports/af1trans.htm
LBJ Transcript - By W. Kelly http://jfkcountercoup.wordpress.com/2010/10/27/air-force-one-radio- transmissions-transcript-112263/
Combined Tape Transcript
5) Technical Analysis (Ed Primeau)
6) Content Analysis. Doug Horne ARRB http://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/arrb/staff_memos/pdf/DH_AirForceOne.pdf
7) Forensic Analysis will also try to determine if any laws were broken aboard Air Force One. Crimes committed in the air are federal offenses.
8) Major H. Patterson, aka “Stranger.”
9) Col. Dorman, Gen. LeMay’s aide.
10) White, T. H. Making of the President 1964.
11) Nomenclature - glossary, acronyms, crypts, codes,,,. http://jfkcountercoup2.blogspot.com/2013/07/glossary-acronyms-crypts-codes-and.html
12) Manchester, William. “Death of a President.” (1967 pages 61-63), (page 20).
13) 89th MAW -
Andrews AFB. http://www.89aw.af.mil/ 89th Airlift Wing Public Affairs1419
Menoher DriveSuite 108Andrews AFB, MD 20762
Station, Collins Radio, Liberty .
Quote taken from Collins Radio Annual Reports (1962-63-64) Cedar Rapids, Iowa
15) “Charlie” Channel and WHCA. Maj. Patterson, in a telephone conversation with Bill Kelly, said that the WHCA did not edit tapes, only recorded them for the White House and the Military.
16) Albertazzle, Ralph. “The Flying White House - The Story of Air Force One” (1979, Coward,
& Georghegan, NY
17) Manchester, William. “The Death of the President.” On Col. George McNally, Star Group, WHCA.
18) Blaine, Gerald. “The Kennedy Detail” (Gallery, 2010, p. 215)
19) “Charlie” Channel Missing. http://jfkcountercoup2.blogspot.com/2013/07/the-final-report-of-arrb-on-whca.html
20) Hampton, Wilborn. Official UPI History.http://100years.upi.com/sta_1963-11-23.html/ http://www.wfaa.com/jfk/Reporter-recounts-Kennedy-assassination-drama-202868891.html
21) Lifton, David. Author of “Best Evidence,” David Lifton has a keen interest in the Air Force One radio transmissions, especially those conversations concerning the autopsy and the body.
22) Bales, Arthur, WHCA. After Action Reports. For Bales Complete Report see: JFKcountercoup: WHCA Comm Center After Action Reports
23) “Zero Haliburton” Bag. http://jfkcountercoup.blogspot.com/2012/05/bagmans-doomsday-football-zero.html
24) LBJ to take AF1. Warren Report, page 57. http://www.archives.gov/research/jfk/warren-commission-report/chapter-2.html
….When consulted by the Vice President, O'Donnell advised him to go to the airfield immediately and return to Washington.245 It was decided that the Vice President should return on the Presidential plane rather than on the Vice-Presidential plane because it had better communication equipment. 246…
25) LBJ calls Judge Hughes’ office. Warren Report, p. 58. http://www.archives.gov/research/jfk/warren-commission-report/chapter-2.html - end
26) LBJ calls RFK. Warren Report, p. 58. http://www.archives.gov/research/jfk/warren-commission-report/chapter-2.html
27) Bullion, J. W. “In the Boat.” Thanks to Robert Howard for obtaining this book.
28) Baker, Russ. Family of Secrets (Bloomsbury, 2009, p. 132) Note 32 – “Author interview with Pat Holloway,
March 11, 2008. Halliburton had merged with Brown &
Root in 1962.”
29) Davis, Jas. Walker. “Money Tree Grows in
30) Crichton, Jack Alston. http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/MDcrichton.htm /
31) Silver Dollar - Rogers, Alan; Haapanen, Larry. “A Phone Call From Out of the Blue” JFK Assassination Chronicles (Vol. 8, Issue 2, 2002)
86972. Used by Vice President, Cabinet and senior military officers. According
to official descriptions, “The interior of SAM
86972 was divided into three sections: Forward (crew area), center (stateroom)
and aft (passenger). The forward section had a communications center, a galley,
lavatory and 13-seat compartment with one table and two overhead bunks. The
center section was designed for VIP, with
conference tables, swivel chairs, projection screen, two convertible sofa-bunks
and a lavatory. The aft section was a combination staff and passenger areas,
and contained a Xerox machine, reclining seats, overhead bunks, tables, galley
two lavatories. The VC-137B was usually operated by an augmented crew of about
twenty, including three pilots (two were qualified aircraft commanders), two
navigators, two flight engineers, one crew chief, two communication systems
operators, six flight attendants and four security guards.”
33) Manning, Robert. Sec. State for Public Affairs. From The Kennedy Presidency An Oral History of The (page 450)Eraby Deborah Hart Strober and Gerald S. Strober, an updated edition of “Let Us Begin Anew: An Oral History of the Kennedy Presidency” by the same authors.
“With Kennedy” (1966) PBS Interview: http://www.nndb.com/people/011/000022942/ Pierre
35) Schlesinger, Arthur. “A Thousand Days” (Houghton Mifflin, 1965)
36) Bohn, Michael. “Nerve Center” (
Potomac Books, 2003)
Max “The Kennedy Assassination Tapes” (Alfred Knopf, NY, 2004, p.18 notes) on
Hallett. While Holland didn’t
identify the “ Holland ” station, he
did point out that Hallett knew Oswald from the US Embassy in Liberty .
38) Hallett, Capt. Oliver, USN.
39) Salandria, Vincent. “Tale of the Tapes.”
40) “Stranger” aka Maj. Harold R. Patterson. Identified on AF1 Tape at 
With Kennedy, p. 7; Death of a President,
,p. 224 Manchester
With Kennedy, p. 7; Death of a President,
41) Oswald background over wire reports. See: Salandria “Tale of the Tapes.”
42) Ecker, Ron. “The
Flight - Coincidence or Conspiracy?” Tokyo
43) Judge, John. Recollections of conversation with SAC pilot.
and Art Collins.
Wm. “Death of a President” (Footnote
9 - p. 371). Manchester
46) White, Theodore. H. “Making of a President 1964”
47) Schotz, E. Martin. “History Will Not Absolve Us” (1966)