Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Greetings from JFKCountercoup Readers

 Mr. Kelly,

For many years now I have read your blog, as it has always been an Bookmark for me and a place for 11/22/63.  I just wanted to say "Thank You, very much" for all the great research and effort you have done for the community. I find great comfort in it.

I was 9 years old on 11/22/63. JFK' death has always haunted me and I guess traumatized me in some way. I recall asking my Dad about it at the time, but he was very noncommittal about what was happening and if a true story of what really happened after what transpired that weekend. He also said it would be 50 years before the whole truth comes out and that stuck with me.

Your latest post about your fascinating journey into 11/22/63 and the late John Judge (I met him at American University, remembrance reading of JFK 6/63 Speech) and Biden's final order on JFK records has me feeling saddened that 60 years later, we still don't have the whole truth, although we are a lot closer, thanks to people like you.

Again, Thank you and I look forward to your next post.   -  Larry Bettis


Hey Bill,

Paul Nahra here. Hope you remember me, I was a friend and colleague of John Judge and introduced myself briefly to you at the Duquesne conference previous to this last one. I've been meaning to get in touch with you for awhile now, but am prompted to do so today on this sad anniversary. Thank you for your posts of the last few days on JFK Countercoup, CAPA is Kaput and the tribute to COPA and John. That is some fabulous history. 

     I was sorry to read about the conflicts with and disrespect from CAPA. It reminded me of an interaction I had with Marilyn Tennenoff a few years ago. I was in York PA visiting my cousin and I arranged to meet with her at John's archive, the hidden history center. She has an occasional intern come in, but  I feel like people, including myself, have been cataloguing that collection for twenty years, and each half completed effort would be lost before the next attempt would begin. Anyway, she mentioned to me that you had requested she return a box of yours with material in it that you wanted to revisit, and that she was disinclined to allow it out of the collection. I disagreed strongly with her, first because she could have Xeroxed whatever she wanted before she gave you back the originals. But secondly, and I don't know if you remember but I was at John Judge's when you dropped off a few boxes because you needed a safe place to store them, I forget if it was because you had flooding, or you were moving, that was the first time we met. So John was a temporary custodian of your material, in my view, and you should have every right to have them returned. 

In any event I have suspicions about anyone who is getting in the way of you doing your excellent work. 

Though Marilyn was always very kind to me when I visited John in those last few years.

[BK Notes: When I first met Marilyn at a Pittsburgh conference she told me directly that she had no interest in John's political assassination, COPA and Hidden History work. Then when she was made executor of his estate and saw the bank accounts she took them, along with John's five figure life insurance. There is nothing she has that I need or want. The HHM she hijacked will hang like an anvil around her neck until she lets it go. She should donate everything to the Wecht Collection at Duquesne University Library, but won't, as long as she gets donations for the now truly secret Hidden History Museum. And Glenda DeVaney has done to CAPA what Marilyn Teennenoff did to COPA - destroyed it from within. ]

     I was excited to read of your plans to gather your best posts and curate the essential moments from COPA's history and indeed the history of the last 60 years. I am an archivist at heart and have a good collection of COPA conference videos, dvds and abstracts, perhaps I can help you out in some way. I have found that none of the COPA videos come up on a rudimentary you tube search online, and I hope that can be corrected somehow. I am not much of a computer person but I would be happy to go through those conferences and try to isolate the important speeches. Or perhaps I could send you copies if you find things are missing from your own collection. Or help in some other way!

     Hope to hear back from you when you get some time, Bill. Happy Thanksgiving to you, and thanks again for all your good and important work.  - Paul Nahra

Kudos, Bill for this vigilance and dedication which seems especially pertinent to the issues of disclosure and destruction of vital records in the JFK case. More now in this 60th anniversary year. I am grateful for the opportunity to gain valuable insight from your frequent postings, so thanks again and help us keep the kettle on the boil!  -  Greg Giorgio

Great Work, as always. Much appreciated. - Brandon 

No comments: