COLONELS AT DEALEY PLAZA - Revised and put in Alphabetical Order
Colonels are the highest ranking officers on the battlefield – what the snipers call a HPT – High Priority Target – guys who take their insignia off before going out in the open. They are the - Go To guys the Generals personally give instructions and orders and they’re the ones responsible for seeing those orders are carried out.
On the chess board the Colonels are Bishops, Rooks and Knights and capable of maneuvering and striking from different directions and distances.
There were three colonels at the Alamo – Colonel William Barrett Travis, Colonel Jim Bowie and Colonel David Crockett.
And there were a number of Army and Air Force Colonels directly involved in JFK Assassination – “boots on the ground – in the field" and at the command centers. I intend to get photos and the official files and develop dossiers on each of these men and would appreciate anything you can add to the record.
Bill Simpich said...No one has done this. The CIA has been done over and over again. Isn't it intriguing that the CIA documents are far more available than those of the military? How many books on military intelligence are out there compared to the CIA? Food for thought. Great project Bill.
- Col. William “Bill” Amos USAF knew Gen. Joseph J. Cappucci - who expressed personal knowledge of an LBJ backed conspiracy to kill JFK,
JFKfacts » Senior Air Force officer saw JFK’s assassination as ‘a military coup’ / Teknosis: Gen. Joseph J. Cappucci, head of Air Force counterintelligence, told Jan Amos and her husband Col. William Henry Amos, that Lyndon Johnson killed JFK
- Col. Roy I. Batterton, Jr. - US Naval Mission - Haiti - George deMohrenschildt wrote to him from Dallas.
- Col. William Bishop – Expressed secret knowledge of the assassination.
- Col. Frank M. “Brandy” Brandstetter – Texan manager of the Havana Hilton when Castro made it his early residence.
- Col. Howard Burris USAF - Native Texan, LBJ's Military aide - met with deMohrenschilt in DC in late April 1963 (p 80) Joan Mellen
- Colonel William Castorr – Discussed running guns to Cuba with Nancy Perrin Rich’s husband, with Jack Ruby as the bagman. His wife Trudi was good friends with Sylvia Odio.
- Col. Philip J. Corso – Asst chief of USA Foreign Technology Division 1961 – who knew Sen. Kenneth Keating (R. NY) and shared U2 photos of Soviet missiles in Cuba,JFKCountercoup2: Col. Philip J. Corso and Sen. Kenneth Keating (Rep. NY) / JFKCountercoup2: UFOs at Dealey Plaza
- Lt. Col. William Corson USMC - wrote early history of American intelligence.
- Col. Jack Crichton MI, USAR 488th MID, who ran the Command and Control center at the Civil Defense Shelter, Dallas State Fairgrounds, and arranged for investigative translators,
- Col. George Stanton Dorman – LeMay’s aide, whose wife worked at the White House and was there at the time of the assassination, and son who witnessed the burial of JFK and toured Gen. LeMay’s control and command plane. http://jfkcountercoup.blogspot.com/2012/02/col-george-stanton-dorman.html / http://jfkfacts.org/assassination/a-note-on-curtis-lemays-actions-on-nov-22/
- Col. Sheffield M. Edwards – CIA – Project Bluebird - http://spartacus-
- Lt. Col. Fons – Deputy Chief of Staff - 4th Army Headquarters – Ft. Sam Houston, Tx -http://jfkcountercoup2.blogspot.com/2013/07/pd-scott-on-strikeforce-memo.html
- Col. Alexander Haig - staff officer in the Office of the Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations (DCSOPS) at the Pentagon 1962-64 https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/alt.assassination.jfk/8150-oOXvjk Captain Pat Gannaway and Alexander Haig, Haig served as a staff officer in the Office of the Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations (DCSOPS) at the Pentagon (1962–64)
- Col. Walter Higgins – Aide to Gen. Krulak and author of the Higgins Memo, considered by some to be the single most significant “Smoking Document” among the JFK assassination records and the subject of a number of FOIA requests and an ongoing AARC civil suit. JFKcountercoup: JCS Memo FitzGerald Briefing 25 Sept. 1963 / JFKcountercoup: Valkyrie At Dealey Plaza
- Col. Robert Ellis Jones – 112th Military Intelligence Group, Ft. Sam Houston, San Antonio, Texas, contacted the FBI and told them Oswald’s MI file, which was later destroyed, indicated he used the alias A. J. Hidell [ http://www.jfklancer.com/RobertJones.html ] Obituary of Col Robert Ellis Jones. http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/10534-col-robert-e-jones-passed-away/ Jim Loving: From the obit:"upon completion he was assigned to Special Warfare Directorate, Office of the Chief of Staff for Operations, Department of the Army at the Pentagon 1962-1964, then to the Joints Chiefs of Staff J3, actively engaged in planning and operations of the Vietnam Conflict."
- Col. Sam Kail – Stationed at US Embassy Havana, ACSI USAR, who met with deMohrenschildt, with Dorothie Matlack. Mentioned by Veciana. Who's Who in the JFK Assassination: An A to Z Encyclopedia - Michael Benson - Google Books
- Colonel George de Lannurien - French chief of CI - Counter Intelligence SDECE - in NYC (p.161)
- Col. Edward Lansdale USAF – (Later General USAF) CIA psych and special warfare specialist under Air Force cover. May have stayed in Fort Worth on JFK's last might there and photographed at Dealey Plaza after the assassination.
- Lt. Col. Rene Leon - Involved in August 1963 invasion of Haiti that included Loren Hall
- Lt. Col. Yuriy Ivanovich Moskalevskiy http://jfkcountercoup2.blogspot.com/2013/07/col-riy-ivanovich-moskalevskiy.html
- Col. Erickson Nichols – the USAF embassy military officer who Frank Sturgis reported to at the US Embassy Havana; JFKCountercoup2: Frank Sturgis - Run By US Military not CIA / Warrior: Frank Sturgis---The CIA's #1 Assassin-Spy, Who Nearly Killed Castro ... - Jim Hunt, Bob Risch - Google Books
- Col. Lawrence Orlov – Was with deMohrenschildt when they first sought out Oswald and vistited him, RIF 104-10431-10034
- Colonel Roy Pate – 112th Military Intelligence Regional Office.
- Col. Boris T. Pash – Led ALSOS mission,
- Col. Rudolph M. Reich – Commander 316th INTC Group
- Col. Jose Rivera USAR- Betheda, Md. medical officer with foreknowledge of Oswald and assassination, who worked on special research project at Fort Deitrick, Md. A New Oswald Witness Goes Public / JFKcountercoup: Col. Jose Rivera & US Army Service Command / Jose Rivera
- Colonel Richard Lyle Rolfe (1918-1968) 1960, he was serving on the staff of Major General John M. Williams, Asst. Chief of Staff for Intelligence(ACSI), U.S. Army. (Source: Letter from Maj. Gen. Williams to Allen Dulles, Director, CIA, Oct. 4, 1960.) On Oct. 16, 1962, he briefed Brig. Gen. Edward Lansdale on activities of Alpha 66. (Source: Memo from Col. Jeff W. Boucher, Chief, Collections Branch, ACSI, to Brig. Gen. Lansdale; this doc. is RIF #198-10004-10018}In or around November 1962, he participated in discussions re: Alpha 66 with Brig. Gen. Lansdale, Col. Boucher, and other Army special warfare and intelligence officers. (Source: DOD repot; doc is #180-10104-10394)
- Lt. Col. William B. Rose – chief of the Army Intelligence Reserve Branch Office of the Assistant Chief of Staff, Intelligence (ACSI USAR) – Pentagon, where most of the field reports end up, especially those of: JFKCountercoup2: ACSI - Assistant Chief of Staff for Intelligence, USAR
- Col. John “Rowlins” Roselli – Civilian made Mafia boss attached to CIA case officer William Harvey during training of Cubans at JMWAVE, JFKcountercoup: The Second Plot - The Original Cover Story / The Kennedy Brothers: The Rise and Fall of Jack and Bobby - Richard D. Mahoney - Google Books / Bradley Ayers
Col. O'Wighton Delk Simpson - USAF Intel officer associated with Burris employed
by Martin-Marietta in 1963 AFIO. Bagman? Son saw
- Col. Ralph Steakley – With Joint Chiefs of Staff during the Cuban Missile Crisis - - Founded the Joint Reconnaissance Center at Pentagon http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/marysdb/showRec.do?mode=searchResult&id=10103 / http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=3059
- Lt. Col. George L. Whitmeyer – (USA Reserve) – Commanding officer of the Nothern District of Texas, occupant of the Pilot Car in the Motorcade driven by Capt. Lumpkin of both Dallas Police Department and US Army Intelligence - http://spartacuseducational.com/JFK488mid.htm / http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/marysdb/showRec.do?mode=searchResult&id=10103